Switching to FREE Filehosts or Where you can get our trainers officially

11 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Rapidshare is good but since these would be for free users it might be worth ditching Filesonic for Mediafire instead that way there's no waiting.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Good suggestion, However, i am using a lot of hosts and not just those two, couldn't mention them all in one post though. I am still not sure about the stability of it and how long the links will stay stable before being broken but with multiple hosts/mirrors, it should be smooth.

Here's how the download will be linked. So you just visit that page, grab a file host link of your choice and download, better than pasting tons of links on site, its just one tinypaste page.

[url="http://tinypaste.com/f5dd2b21"]http://tinypaste.com/f5dd2b21[/url]

PS: Had forgotten mediafire completely, adding now. Mediafire has a lot of ads though and other hosts have kind of clean interface but make you wait 30 secs or more. Well i am offering them complete choice so they can choose whichever host they want.

Posted · Report post

There are places you can use for that, Multiupload (Or something like that) being one of them, I think you upload to them and they upload to your selected hosts, might be worth having a look if your doing all those hosts separately.

Posted · Report post

Yep but it doesn't post to all hosts. Besides, more mirrors wouldn't hurt, i just want to make sure i don't have to deal with broken links or complaints of any sorts.

Posted · Report post

Ah well was worth a thought, that being a plus for mediafire since you own the content the links shouldn't go down and they'll keep free account files up as long as the account is accessed by the owner once every two weeks(?).

Posted · Report post

No i don't think it is like that. Actually it is that plus also your files need to be downloaded within X days. Each host has their own limit, Rapidshare deletes after 90 days when the file is not accessed doesn't matter if you login, other hosts much quicker than that.

I have Giganews usenet account and they're offering a service called dumptruck with a lot of storage, however its in early betas and they don't offer public sharing, just for dumping your (owner) data only. They have told me it is in their future plans so if they do allow public sharing of files, it would be much better than current file host since they offer really good space, bandwidth and pricing not to mention its comes free with the usenet account. File hosts don't allow much bandwidth for hotlinking and then there's the limitation of files being deleted if not downloaded.

Its not really a big problem though, like you said the content is owned by dvt, legal and as such shouldn't go down for copyright reasons. For inactivity if one link goes down, i am offering plenty others and i can monitor from CP.

Posted · Report post

You can try SugarSync. Free 5GB + Direct linking allowed.

Posted · Report post

Guys you are missing the point here. I needed something reliable that would work very long-term and not ditch me or try to limit me when i am halfway with them. Also something in english.

Anyway, this really isn't an issue, our current setup has worked out pretty well.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Katsuyori / 캇수여리' timestamp='1323661032' post='12301']
I said up.iranblog.com offers infinite storage. :)
[/quote]

It means they will not limit your storage. There are no servers in the world with TRUE infinite space.

Try uploading 500.000.000.000 PB, their server will not have such unbelievable space. So it's not actually infinite.

Be happy!

Posted · Report post

Guys, like i said this isn't an issue. This topic was just an announcement, DDT came up with few suggestions but that is all. I am not asking for list of hosts or who offers best.

Please avoid discussions in announcements section or at least arguments etc. Thanks

PS: i am taking the links down, don't want to give out backlinks since i can't get them either so easy.